¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Well for cub scouts on Tuesday, we finished up my experiment. As we were all talking we also had them work on drawing with pastels. Since we had them make art with their recyclables the week before, I thought I would just talk a little about what we talked about. Before they started drawing we had them explain everything to do with art. They came up with brushes, pencils, papers, canvases, paints, etc. Art is fascinating to me, because really we each get to create what we want, and we get to call art whatever we want to. We don't have to please anyone, and you can be creative as you want. That is mainly what I noticed as they turned their recyclable goods into art. They came up with really interesting designs, but all of it was art, and it all meant something personal to each one of them.

1 comment:

Mark Nelson said...

Just like art is personal in some way to one person and not to another is like the enviornment. For example, some people care only about ants, while others are for the forest preservation. We all have some kinda personal relationship with the world that surrounds us. for me, I hate spiders and bees and don't know why we need them. Then there are those that spend their whole life studing them and are facinated with said things. Its like we are painting our own painting, or maybe we choose only those thing we like in the painting already given us. What part of the painting is my own personal part? What could I paint in the enviornment to make it personal to me? These were some questions I was think while reading you blog.