¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Life

I have been thinking a lot today about what we as Americans spend our money on. To me it seems like we work, work, work, and save up our money for more recreational activities than anything else. I was talking to a man at my work, and he said he used to go and see a lot of movies in the theaters until they raised the price to nearly 10 dollars. We also were talking about a restaurant where a single foot long sandwich is 10 dollars. It made me think about how we spend our money, and it seems to me that most people are willing to work all those hours, and spend their money on entertainment, and food. If anybody has anything to say please say it! Now that I think about it more, I guess each one of us has our own hobbies, likes, etc. and we will do what it takes to get them, and to find entertainment, or joy in this world. The world is really diverse!

2 comments:

Beau Shaw said...

It's true. Everyone works so hard all their lives and that's all they do. When they finally retire and stop working, they want to go and see the world, do recreational activites, but now they are too old to do them! Since they can't do anything they just sit around the house, get bored, then find something to "work" on. Life is crazy!

Mark Nelson said...

I recal back to my day's in Argentina and the siesta. A wonderful mid-day rest from nood until about three thirty. Ahhh, what a clever idea that came from south America. Where's our own siesta here in the United States? I mean come on! I think that we do work a lot, but we live in a capitalistic society and we have to keep up with the compitition. Bascially, you should get mad at the person(s0 that like to work those many hours because they are the ones creating compitition for us. I think we do need a siesta or someting, it would be the best idea, far better than this whole heathcare messy-ness.:)Come on Obama impliment a siesta for us too! If you do, I might think about voting for ya next time!