¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Doctors Without Borders is coming to campus!

The former president of Doctors Without Borders, Dr. Orbinski, is coming to Libby Gardener Hall at 11 a.m. on April 6th (a Tuesday) to give his 1 hour lecture, titled "Dignity and Global Health". This guy was president of Doctors Without Borders in 1999, when the organization accepted a Nobel Peace prize, so I'm going to go and check it out. My sister is in her 3rd year at the Utah Med School and since she can't go and I can, I'm going to do some recon for her.

I'm not positive, but I thought that a couple of people in class are Pre-Med majors or would like to go on to medical school. Since it seems like we're all interested in Spanish-speaking areas (otherwise, why would we be taking Spanish classes?), I figured that maybe a few of you would be interested in this guest speaker.

1 comment:

Dr. Erin Finzer said...

How was it? I'll bet it was super-interesante. Have you heard of Partners in Health? It is a similar organization to DSF and has had a tremendous presence in Haiti. I think that PIH might be a little more politically active than DSF--not sure, though.