¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Elite 8

So I had the opportunity to go to the NCAA games at the Energy Solutions Arena tonight, and they were awesome, especially between Kansas State, and Xavier. As I was sitting there tonight, and in either the first or second OT, I was thinking about how much money we spend as a nation on sporting events and recreational activities. There was about 17,300 people at the game, and people traveled from all over to come to these games. Profesional athletes get paid millions of dollars, and it seems like any chance people get to go and watch them perform we take it and go. I did enjoy the game, and I am glad that people are made different and have different talents for others to enjoy. Check out the highlights to the game, I am sure they would be sweet!

2 comments:

Reina said...

It really is staggering how much Americans spend on superfluous items like music and recreational activities like basketball games etc., not to mention the money it takes for transport, snacks, (hospital bills from eating junk food... much later ;D), drinks, memorabilia, and whatever else there is. I went down to Moab this week to go biking, and between food, transport, equipment, and things like firewood, it was a fairly costly trip. *Sigh* now I have to pick up extra hours at work to re-balance the ol' budget. I'm sort of kicking myself now, because I could've biked around the Salt Lake Valley, gotten more library time for homework (I'm nearly drowning here... but it's my own fault), and spent much less money. I guess I'll just try to be wiser next time I need a break.

Dr. Erin Finzer said...

This is really a fascinating issue. KU (my alma mater!) was featured for the NCAA "Green Game" earlier this year for having such a green field house. I think that it was featured on Saturday's Game Day for it.