¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

MOAB!

So, I spent about 4 days in Moab this week. I have to say, it's a pretty cool place, if you like desert environments. It wasn't quite as breath-taking as I'd heard, but then again, the advertising I saw sort of left me with high expectations. I think I could appreciate the beauty, but it's not level with my personal preferences (which would be more water-oriented).

I went mountain biking for the first time this week too. Does anyone in class do that? Holy cow! It was really fun but it takes some serious cajones! I did some fun drops and trails, but wow. Some people are crazy and really good at down-hilling. I'm not very good yet, but maybe someday.

Anyway, environmentally speaking, I was unimpressed at my ability to be energy and supply efficient. I'd like to go long-term backpacking eventually (when I'm out of student loan debt, that is) and if I do that, I'm going to have to learn how to live off the land MUCH better and to not have so much frickin' gear! It's not like I can haul around camp coolers while I'm vagabonding... that would just be silly.

1 comment:

Dr. Erin Finzer said...

We are going next week for the Moab Marathon! I cannot wait! Any recommendations? We won't be hiking or biking due to my ankle injury.