¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

symbolism in colors

Because Arguedas loves colorful imagery and in the spirit of my last post: holi - poster 700 crop

This is a colorful chalk throwin festival party that took place yesterday down in Spanish Fork. I had work so I couldn't go, but what do you guys think? A tool to maintain connections with people? Forge them with strangers? The festival celebrates the coming of spring with splashes of color. It seems throughout history we've marked the coming of spring with grand symbolic gestures.



2 comments:

preston langeland said...

Interesting. I still don't get what the festival is, because that last picture looks like a rave party. It looks like fun, but after living my life in Utah I have never heard of the festival of colors. I could definitely see it as a tool to maintain connections as you said.

Chaz said...

yo fui a la festival y me gustó muchisimo. La festival se hace por lo Hare Krishnas, es una religion. Ellos hablaban mucho del amor, y paz, y que Dios no puede ser un hombre viejo como la mayoría de nosotros lo vemos, sino joven. Así cuando lo vemos senitmos ánimo y energina, es una creencia intersante. Pero la festival fur muy divertido con toda la chalk coloreado en el aire y todos lugares.