¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A contaminant

A contaminant is matter out of place. "We are stardust, we are golden, and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden," to quote Joni Mitchell's Woodstock song. Everything alive on our earth consists of the same energy and matter. I went camping with some friends last week, and while driving south down that sketchy highway six my roommate said, "This feels like coming home." We all left the desert feeling rejuvenated by its silence and paradoxical simplicity/complexity. The trip reaffirmed for me that people and red rocks are homes more than my apartment or favorite study spot in the library. With my wanderlusty soul it always makes my bones ache to arrive "home" in Salt Lake. I feel like a contaminant back at school.

I'm glad Ernesto and his bullies realize their sameness and shared love for their spinning toys, too.

1 comment:

preston langeland said...

Well, I dont know about that quotation, but I absolutely agree with the rest. Some of the best trips I have had have been exploring Southern Utah-Bryce, San Rafael, Capitol Reef, Zions, etc. Where did you go? It definitely feels like containment back here, especially at school and work, which is what I had to do throughout spring break. I was busier than during a regular school week, it sucked!