¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The tv show Life.

On Sunday I was watching tv and came across the new series on the Discovery Channel called Life. It is similar to a previous series they did called Planet Earth. Both are really well done and interesting to watch and see places in nature that not many of us will ever have to chance to go. The episode from Sunday was about primates and their abilities to use tools to accomplish tasks like using rocks to smash open coconuts, or use sticks to dip into ant holes so that the ants crawl up on the stick and the chimps are able to lick them off like a juicy ant Popsicle. If you get the chance I strongly encourage everyone to sit down and watch for a little bit. My guess is that you'll lose track of time and be amazed at how amazing nature is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It really is fascinating what primates are able to accomplish; or rather how they act. I haven't seen the show, but last semester I took a class that dealt with some primatology. It amazed me how closely their actions resembled ours. The class mainly talked about social interactions within primate groups. But I bring this up because usually we think of only ourselves as being able to use tools or to think in abstact ways, but we are not alone.