¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Llegamos!

Well, its been a fun ride this semester. I hope that we have all taken new ideas from our classes. I know I have. This class has allowed me to focus on things that I have never previously thought about. I liked that experiment that I did, it really made me concerned for the evoirnment and what my actions may cause. I do believe that we have a great influence in the evoirnment as it does with us. I hope that I am able to become more intuned with the eviornment as I continue with my life and help others to do so as well. As in my presentation where I talk about Dimonds theory of Guns, Germs, and Steel. He presents that we are subject to the earth and it is the earth that leads us. He explains the Fertil Cresent were the ability to grow and live are more efficient. On a Micro level we till the earth and grow food but on the Macro level the earth tills us and grows us. It is something to think about and I strongly recommend the Book Gun, Germs, and Steel. I shows us how geography or nature limints or allows for progression depending only on geograpy.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Have you ever read Collapse by the same author? (Diamond.) He talks about what makes societies fail or succeed...if I remember correctly he cites deforestation and population issues as the major issues. A really interesting example of this is Haiti and the Dominican Republic--a tiny island where you can literally see the tree line dividing the lush east from the devastated west. Sugar cane did em in. Also voodoo, perhaps. The developing world is fascinating and malleable, like Mistral says when the land is still ours, anything is possible.