¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Everybody Poops



I noticed that, after spending long hours in the library and substantial intake of coffee at times, there is a certain unspoken etiquette about going #2 in public bathrooms... at least for women. I didn't try to investigate the profound intricacies of male bathroom etiquette.

For girls, the rules are generally that you wait for an empty room before you can poop. Either that, or you make enough noise (pulling toilet paper, flushing, turning on the faucet, etc) to where no one can hear you... or at least they can pretend they can't. lmao. I've been in situations where girls will wait, pretty patiently actually, while they sit on the toilet and wait for me to leave before they allow themselves to go. I have a friend who refuses to poop in public restrooms. She'll hold it for HOURS so that she can get home... THAT must be uncomfortable!

What's the big deal? Everybody poops... right? What's with the embarrassment? It may not be particularly pleasant, but isn't that what bathrooms are for? Shouldn't people expect to find people using the bathroom (either 1 or 2) when they walk in? I've decided to detach myself from this embarrassment and go out on a social limb. I'm going to actually USE the bathroom if I need to... even if there are people in it! *GASP*

4 comments:

Chaz said...

Bueno que interasante! Estoy de acuerdo con lo que tu dices es un poquito ridiculoso que algunas mujeres no harían pupu a menos que no haya nadie mas en el cuarto. Todos de nosotros hacemos pupu y debemos acceptar que habra sonidos cuando lo hacemos!

Preston Ward said...

There is a book called "Everybody Poops". I know my nephews have it, and it is a children's book, so ya'll should check it out. It looks like it's not only adults that are concerned with pooping! Que Bueno!

Joe_K. said...

Along the lines of potty humor books as anyone ever read the books "Walter the Farting dog"? theyu are hilarious and show that sometimes a little flatulance is a good thing. I was listening to the radio today and heard a similar subject come up. apparently there was a man who had to relieve himself and was doing so when a co-worker approached and tried to have a full on, in depth conversation with him. needless to say the man was quite uncomfortable and when he returned to his microphone told everyone that the new rule should be no talking to anyone while they, or you, are doing the deed. i am in full suppport of said rule and wil try not to violate anytime soon ;).

Mark Nelson said...

This should be a Siendfield espisode! Privacy is a luxury I think and that everybody wants their most intimate experience to be private. Use sex for example, usually done in private. Why? I think that it has a lot to do with culture and how we are raised. That is funny though! When I was in elementary school I would never use the bathrooms and waite till I got home.