¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Earthquake

I was just wondering if anyone felt the earthquake yesterday? I sure didn't, but I think I might have been driving at the time. I read the article from the Salt Lake Tribune, and Kristine Pankow said that Utah gets an earthquake on average every 10 years but the last one that hit was 18 years ago. I thought that was interesting, because I remember that one, I was really young back then, and sleeping at the time that one hit 18 years ago.

3 comments:

Chaz said...

Preston no sentí el terremoto, pero la parte rara es que había mas personas quines lo habían sentido. Bueno tampoco no sabía yo que Utah recibe tatntos terremotos, esto me de miedo un poquito. Me imagino que no es muy probable que haya un terremoto muy grande en Utah pero despues de ver todos los terremotos en otras partes del mundo, sé que es posible.

Preston Ward said...

si estoy de acuerdo Chaz, me da un poco miedo despues de escuchar de los terremotos en Haiti, Chile, y California. Se que todos de nosotros viven en la linea de Wasatch Fault. Entonces hay mucha destruccion que se podria pasar a nosotros. Claro que si es posible que pudieramos ver un terremoto tan grande. Hay que prepararse y hacer almacenamiento de comida verdad?

Mark Nelson said...

No I did not feel it. Although, we are sitting on one of the largest falt-lines in the world. I remember a teacher telling our class how bad it will be when it errupts. I hope it doesn't happen anytime soon. My sister use to work at the geology research company that investigates earthquakes. She told me that Utah alone has over hundres of earthquakes a day. They are minor, but still its a little worry-some.