¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Caffeine

So recently I have given up anything caffeinated in order to try and sleep better. I have had a major addiction to Dr. Pepper since I was a teenager. It is delicious but it's just not healthy and I have finally done something about it. (Besides the caffeine, they're full of sugar). One of the things I have noticed is that I do sleep better and I actually sleep more restfully so I don't have to sleep as long. Before I was sleeping 9-11 hours a night, now it's only 7-9 which I appreciate because who doesn't need more time in their day. I'm still a night owl, always have been, probably always will be (as you can see from the hour I am writing this blog at) but I do feel better. My skin, though not perfect, seems clearer, and I have been drinking a lot more water to get in my liquid for the day, which probably helps too. This wasn't a planned experiment for me, just an overdue needed change and I am happy for it. I recommend it to anyone who feels like a change. What do you all think? Caffeine, yay or nay????

3 comments:

Preston Ward said...

That is awesome! Congrats! I say nay to caffeine. 2 years before I went on my mission I stopped drinking caffeine, and only drank water, and I noticed a huge difference in my life. I felt lots better,and lost weight too. I was doing so good until I got to my mission, and in the middle of summer in Texas, it gets hot and humid. I thought it was so funny when we would ask people for some water they would bring us a coke. That is when it all ended, and because I didn't want to offend them, we would drink the cokes they gave us, and that would just leave us more thirsty.

lita said...

I think that's great too. I recently stopped drinking coffee because it was starting to hurt my stomach. I found I was more relaxed and I could focus more. The bad thing is I started drinking coke instead.. No more soda is my next goal!

Mark Nelson said...

What are you doing?!? You have no idea on what you will be missing out on if you quit. Dr. Pepper is the best thing since sliced bread! Personally I don't think you can do it. I'll bring a can to clase and you will get one wiff of it an go right back. :) Nah, just kidding I think that is a good idea just for the fact of being disiplined. Good luck!