¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ironies

While reading in The Salt Lake Tribune yesterday, I came across this news of the weird article that I thought demonstrates the steps the global governments are taking to curb global warming, but also the ironies and contradictions that their actions are causing toward the issue. I quote from The Salt Lake Tribune News of the weird, Tuesday January 26, 2010 "Copenhagen, one of the greenest cities in the world, endured an added 41,000 extra tons of carbon-dioxide-equivalent in December during the 11-day climate summit. The 15,000 delegates required 2,000 limousines (only five of which were electric or hybrid) to get around town, and the world leaders arrived and departed in 140 private jets, some of which had to be parked overnight in Sweden because of airport congestion." I personally thought this article was hilarious, everyone in the world agrees that global warming is a problem, but most of us don't want to give up our rights to personal transportation. I think if all of us in the world including the world leaders thought a little more consciously and efficiently about our transportation habits, we could seriously reduce the amount of carbon-dioxide let into our atmosphere, but we all need to work together and make sacrifices.

1 comment:

preston langeland said...

It is examples like this that make me laugh. I would guess that this kind of hypocrisy is what pushes our generation away from governments, regardless of political alliances. Trust goes out the window when I see a "do as I say, not as I do" attitude. Maybe you all feel different about it. I would like to see someone follow through on what they say.