¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sobreviviendo....

I really enjoyed this film. It was very interesting to see how the people were portrayed. It is interesting to see the message of the film that is directed to the people of El Salvador and how they can progress in the future. I am not sure how it is in El Salvador, but I know in Guatemala there still remains conflict and problems for those who had family members who were guerrillas. Hopefully the message resonated with the people of El Salvador and they have been able to put the past behind them in order to make a stronger future. There needs to be unity in the country in order for that to happen.

2 comments:

A Sweater Friend said...

I really like it too and it was for the same reason of the portrayal of the characters. I felt like the movie really took off once the solder and the guerillero began interacting. I was surprised actually in how much I felt connected to these two by the time the final moments came.

JC4990 said...

I really liked the film as well. I too thought that the interactions between the solider and guerrillero really made the movie. I thought that the discussion about the little girl representing the nation was very interesting.