¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Police Violence

I saw this video and it made me think about the difference between the protections we enjoy in the US vs. Guatemala, Honduras Etc. I am not saying the officer was right or wrong, but the fact that we are protected by checks and balances for even a punch to the face during an altercation we may have been responsible for is a huge blessing vs. the atrocities that can be committed in Centroamerica with no repercussions. My stomach turns when I see the young lady get punched. I can't even begin to imagine how I would feel seeing my neighbors beaten or killed, knowing nothing is there to prevent me and my children from being next. Here is the link http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/20360943#video=20360943

No comments: