¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Insensatez

Honestly I think I enjoyed this book more after I realized that it was based on real events (That was most definitely an "ah ha" moment for me).

A few things that stuck out to me in the book was when the narrator talked about how he was going to write a book. He goes into some detail about how he was going to base the book off of a man who was responsible for recording the names of the dead. Later the military would find out about the book and the man and search after him. The keeper of the book would die after hiding the book and the rest of the story would involve the spirit of the book keeper leading someone to the book so that his name could be recorded and he could rest in peace. I thought it was interesting because the narrator said that he would write a best selling realismo magica and show up all the other authors. It was funny to me because I thought that he was totally stuck on himself and cynically sneering at that genre of writing. However, I think at that point I could see how his work on the editing was actually impacting him. He was reading enough testimonies to have an understanding enough to actually write about a native hiding something from the army and how the army would react.

JC

No comments: