¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I really enjoyed the movie that we watched in class last week. I am a history major, but since the U offers little to no classes on Central American history, I really lacked knowledge about all that had happened in Guatemala. I was impressed by the strength of the people, and their desire to stand up to the government. They fought for their rights. Not rights like you and I have, but basic human rights. Rights they had been denied by powerful men and government. They wanted to be treated fairly, and like the were a valuable part of Guatemala and the population of the world. I am grateful for men and women who take the time to bring these part of history to my attention.

1 comment:

McLeanS said...

It has been very interesting to learn about the history of Central America. I also wish the U offered more courses on Central America. I was looking at grad school at some schools in California and happened to browse their undergrad courses and I was amazed to see the variety of classes offered that focused on Central America.