¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Civil War

The films that we have been watching in class have deeply impacted my thought process about America and Central America. I wish I could change the world. The horrible mistreatment of man towards another, makes me so sad. The poor children who grow up in this atmosphere. As we have watched the children in the movies, I think they become jaded. They are so accustomed to abuse and mistreatment by the government and adults, that they only learn fear. I regret the participation of the United States that led to the further suffering of these people. I found it ironic in the movie of Alsino y el condor, the American was fighting for the people that we keeping education from the masses. But, if you remember he kept telling the boy to study. Where was he suppose to study of the army had closed all the schools. I think everyone was confused about what they were fighting for, which led to more and more tragedies.

1 comment:

McLeanS said...

I agree it is very interesting to learn about these civils wars. It is also interesting that I have talked to people around my age who remember the civil wars in their nations. This is very different seeing as when I was 6,7 and 8 years old learning about the civil war in the USA and thinking about how long ago it happened.