¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bananas!

I was reading the Wikipedia article about the United Fruit Company (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Fruit_Company) and noticed that today the Company is formally known as Chiquita Brands International.  I don't know about you but bananas look a little different while shopping for groceries.  It's really interesting to me to see how connected I am to a piece of Central American history.  In other Spanish classes I have taken for my major I have found that things seem so distant.  Yes it is interesting to learn about Evo Morales or what not but this United Fruit Company contriversy has seem a little closer to home than other topics. 

Jake

No comments: