¡Finzamos!

¡Finzamos!
The Official Blog for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Spanish 4362/Language 7313.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

"Journey to The Border"

The Washington Post has a lot of current information on various issues in Central America. I watched this slideshow and found it very informative and extremely gripping. I also thought of the movie "Sin Nombre." The slideshow and movie are a lot alike, probably because they are so "dead on" with their information about Central Americans journeying to "The Border."

Here is the link to the slideshow. I am encouraging everyone to take time to watch it, since this is a subject that almost everyone has an opinion about- even people who know nothing about Central America.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/interactives/journeyborder/index.html

2 comments:

speedygman2003 said...

if nobody else is working on this center as a project could I choose it 4 my final project. would also be willing to share it as well. Will

Connie said...

Last semester I attended an exhibit at the UALR art gallery during 'Mexico 2010' and saw some of the artwork expressing some of the ways immigrants enter the USA. Many photos depicted boys and girls being smuggled into the US through seat cushions and stuffed animals. Dehlia Montoya was a speaker/photographer which was speaking that night and displayed some of her documentary photographs of the routes taken by immigrants through the Arizona dessert. It was a very moving exhibit, I enjoyed it very much. I think it ties nicely to this article.